How To Add Or Remove SQL Server 2008/2008 R2 Instances
SQL server 2008 or 2008 R2 databases also create duplicate instance or additional instance which was not necessary.In some cases it will effect the performance of the sql tables loading time.To remove the additional instance here is the steps.
– Login to the server with administrator login details.
– Before start this process take the back of existing databases.And masterDB log files also.
– Now go control panel and click on Programs and Features.
– Click on Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2(64-bit) and click on uninstall.
– In new window SQL Server 2008 R2 Add,Repair,Remove will open.
– Click on Remove it will open Remove SQL Server 2008 R2.
– Select the instance which you want to delete from the instance to remove features from.
– features window will open select the features which was not depending on the default instances.Click on remove.
Note: While select the features do not select Shared Features it will effect to the default instance..
For Adding instance from SQL Server 2008 R2 Add,Repair,Remove window select Add button.
Tags:SQl,SQl server,SQL 2008,SQL 2008 R2,SQL server 2008 R2 Installation,SQl Server 2008 R2 Instance,SQl default Instances,SQl Articles.