Error: ERROR: openstack Connection to neutron failed:
In openstack environment while try to create network getting the issue that as follows,
openstack Connection to neutron failed:
For the above issue there are multiple issue cause of creating network.
1. Check the neutron port is open in firewall or not. If it is not use the below command to open this,
$ iptables -A INPUT -p tcp –dport 9696 -j ACCEPT
$netstat -lnpt | grep 9696
2. After that check keystone section in /etc/neutron/neutron.conf file.
3. Check the neutron services are running or not.
4. If there is not error logs in /etc/log/neutron there is issue the service communication,
$service neutron-server restart
5. If you are still facing the same issue Now try to create the network in debug mode to trace out,
$openstack –debug network create testnew001
Tags:neutron,nova list,Openstack,Neutron agent list,Openstack commands