NETGEAR Router Power LED Blinks And Router Is Not Working
This is the general cause that Firmware is might corrupted or while update firmware it was not loaded and updated properly.It will cause the power button will continuously blink and router will not detect in the network.
First need to download the latest version of firmware from the followin link.
– Download Firmware Version 184.108.40.206 version and extract it.
– Give the complete details for the Router firware like model and S/N number in the portal.
– Now enable TFTP in your local system using Add features in control panel.
– If machine is Mac or Linux need to use TFTP third party software for updating Firmware.
– Now connect the Ethernet cable between router and system.
– Configure the ipaddress mention below in the system,
Ip Address: 192.168.1.2
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
– Now Go to the command prompt and enter into the download firmware directory .Run the following command,
tftp -i 192.168.1.1 put firmware_filename( file name ends with .ch or .ck)
– Wait for some time to update the latest Firmware in the router.
– After Reboot the router and power light will stable.Router will set to factory restore mode and configure new settings in the router.
– Try to connect the router from the other computer it will ask for the password now.
Tags:NETGEAR,NETGEAR Router,NETGEAR Router configuration,NETGEAR Router issue,NETGEAR Router Power LED issue,NETGEAR Router Power LED issue